T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..
I'm lucky enough to be an accomplished website and graphic designer. My wife wanted her own business and decided t-shirts would be a good place to start. So I built this site > http://www.uglybugclothing.com < and now it seems im running the site cos its pretty busy.

What do you think of the overall interaction?

Also, i've set it so that the customer is updated every step of the way :D

Oh, and you can get free stickers for a limited time only... just click on stickers!

- Goose!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Welcome!

I think there's something slightly comical about the "Got a Problem? We're based in the UK" button......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup.. that made me laugh when the wife suggested it...
But we do like the fact that customers know we are open during UK office hours and not some Obscure Aussie hours.

hehehe... only teasing, i'm half Aussie and I miss home :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:$ not broke - just not on! :( keep meaning to find the time to sort that **embarrassed**

I shall sort it today!!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Oh, then nevermind. The site is looking great! Although you may also consider moving the sub-categories into the left hand navigational column as "bread-crumbs" instead. It's just a thought, nothing wrong with the current navigational layout as it is! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yay - Thank You for your feedback on the site :D
well... I considered moving the breadcrumbs... but decided against it in the end... As I've not set the breadcrumbs up to work on the rest of the site i thought may as well contain them within the shop categories only.

Half of me is not happy about the way that the categories are setup. I've done it using clothing type. (Hanes Longsleeve etc), which is fine for now, but if I want to change supplier of t-shirts (from spreadshirt), thats gonna make it more difficult.

Oh well..

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
uglybug said:
yup.. that made me laugh when the wife suggested it...
But we do like the fact that customers know we are open during UK office hours and not some Obscure Aussie hours.
It's quite off-putting to non-UK customers - gives off a 'got a problem? we're all the way over here and you can't touch us - nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah' vibe.

Not really a problem if you prefer to focus on your UK customers, but not a good idea if you want international sales. If you're going for international customers it's best to have an international-neutral website.

uglybug said:
Though im a sydney man... could not live in Melby!
Your loss :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Solmu said:
It's quite off-putting to non-UK customers - gives off a 'got a problem? we're all the way over here and you can't touch us - nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah' vibe.

Not really a problem if you prefer to focus on your UK customers, but not a good idea if you want international sales. If you're going for international customers it's best to have an international-neutral website.

Your loss :p
I had not thought about that... I may well make a few changes.
Thanks for the advice.. :D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts