T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 40 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are there any Ekrip settings you have tested that produce a good result ? and also when printing on a black tshirt is there an option that will stop the black color from printing so that the black color from the tshirt can be seen?

You need to remove the black color in your graphics to keep the black color from the t-shirt. This can be done very easy if your graphics are in vector format and you can edit it in Corel Draw or such software
Just keep the contour line and use no color as fill

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi it was originaly with arduino everything is compleat my code ignores the optical encoder signal until the bed is set backward ready to print then the encoder becomes active.
I will pm you to discuss more on this if your intrested.
Kind regards Clive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi to all...

today i did the last modifications and printed the 1st order of 4 white tees for a customer.. He was used to plastic flex materials so he was blown away. Later i did some dark ones and i must say that the correct procedure regarding pretreatment is not easy since i fell apon many different tutorials in youtube and i believe that getting the same print result each time will not be easy without a pretreatment machine!

Regarding the Ufo base after a week use i can say that modifing / developing a better tee base or a platform that can accomodate different templates is a must. Regarding problems right now i have only 2.

1. My ekrip keeps prossecing data even after teh printer has finished printing and i can't click in it while processing cause it crashes .
2. If i choose only white or all white channels print ...no matter what button i press in the base to get the printer ready .... the printer starts to print and stays idle with the light blicking..

If somebody has a sollution at least for 2 please share.

Best regards

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi to all...

today i did the last modifications and printed the 1st order of 4 white tees for a customer.. He was used to plastic flex materials so he was blown away. Later i did some dark ones and i must say that the correct procedure regarding pretreatment is not easy since i fell apon many different tutorials in youtube and i believe that getting the same print result each time will not be easy without a pretreatment machine!

Regarding the Ufo base after a week use i can say that modifing / developing a better tee base or a platform that can accomodate different templates is a must. Regarding problems right now i have only 2.

1. My ekrip keeps prossecing data even after teh printer has finished printing and i can't click in it while processing cause it crashes .
2. If i choose only white or all white channels print ...no matter what button i press in the base to get the printer ready .... the printer starts to print and stays idle with the light blicking..

Best regards
For pretreatment, this is what I did for great results.

• I hung up the shirt in another area away from the DTG.
  • Using a powersprayer, I sprayed the pretreatment on the front of the shirt
  • I placed the shirt on a flat area and used one of those small roller foam things to spread the pretreatment [media]http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2011/09/high-density-foam-mini-rollers.jpg[/media]
  • I pressed the shirt in my heat press (I forget how long)
I attached two shirts I did a while back with my Kiosk II DTG.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Best regards[/QUOTE]

"1. My ekrip keeps prossecing data even after the printer has finished printing and i can't click in it while processing cause it crashes ."

Did you look over video I posted about EK? Mine did this in the beginning. After I set the drivers up correctly and set up appropriate permissions it processes as quick as I can print.

Your not going to choose "white" or "all white channels", select graphic or any other setting and enable white underbase and set ink level "0" and set "high light level control" to 100%. By selecting ink level "0" your telling printer not to print white underbase and only print high lights or white only. You will not click black t-shirt button. You'll still hit white button. Black button is only for second automatic pass.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Also when printing underbase with CMYK on top make sure you set the delay time for second pass correctly. If left at 0 you'll get error message. You need enough delay time so you'll printer can get back to the ready position.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You can also put "none" on your ink level in the printer setup box. Check white ink underbase. On the white underbase click the default tab and adjusted accordingly. You can get good saturation of white this way. You'll need to click preview to see an example to the left.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks to your info i did today sime succesfull prints with only white ink and white underbase and color ...

Feeling sure i decided to print and order for a customer.
I did some white ones that came out great:
IMG_0109.JPG

and 1 grey.
After the print the white color was very good and the colors were nice
N71_1216.jpg
That till i heat pressed it light pressure 165c 100s according to my ink and pretreatment sales man
This was the result!
N71_1215.jpg

I am sure i have been given wrong info regarding heat settings or time i did also a test with less time and the result was the same .
I have noticed also that the faded contrast happens only on black color over white underbase.

I did an extra test print with white level set to 1 and oppacity contrast set to 10 and this is the result N71_1220.jpg

Apart from the issues entioned above (that are ink, heat, pretreatment related i believe)
I have also pinpointed the following base problems:

1. The black button on the base control is not working correctly!
According to David from Ufo Company when the black button is pressed the base is auto set to ready position 2 times , one fro white underbase and automatically after it finishes for color print.
when i press the black button the printer starts printing white color and when it finishes it returns to the back position, but right away it moves to the front and i get a load paper error. In order to print correctly i have to press the blue button and right away the white to be in time (60sec delay) in order to print color!

2. If i send a picture to print and when it finishes (without closing my file in Ekprint and without moving the tshirt from base) send it again the printing is not happening at the sam point producing a misplaced image!

N71_1223.jpg

In my opinion this can be either base or rip related.
If somebody had the same problems please share...
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
1. The black button on the base control is not working correctly!
According to David from Ufo Company when the black button is pressed the base is auto set to ready position 2 times , one fro white underbase and automatically after it finishes for color print.
when i press the black button the printer starts printing white color and when it finishes it returns to the back position, but right away it moves to the front and i get a load paper error. In order to print correctly i have to press the blue button and right away the white to be in time (60sec delay) in order to print color!

If your hitting the black and it's returning to the ready position than it's working OK. Your problem is with your delay time. Just for testing put it at 120 seconds. The delay time starts as soon as you hear the printer move. If the printer isn't in the ready position than it will throw a paper error. You can shorten the delay after testing. I've had my delay time as much as 80-90 seconds depending on the design and resolution. Also once you press the black button leave it alone.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
2. If i send a picture to print and when it finishes (without closing my file in Ekprint and without moving the tshirt from base) send it again the printing is not happening at the sam point producing a misplaced image!

You shouldn't have to send it back to print with white only. Adjust saturation accordingly. If your having to stop printer with blue button or any button than it's interrupting the print process. Anytime your printing second pass don't interrupt print process. This could be the reason for registration problem. Set delay time correctly and retest.

Looking at the picture your pretreatment process isn't correct. Your fibers should lay flat. Apply more pretreatment and add a little pressure.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
If still having the print not line up go back to printer properties and click on advance tab and change spool print documents so program finishes printing faster to Print directly to the printer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi, i just did my conversion… it seems that nothing is really sharp in my prints, the is a slight blur compared to the prints from my little plywood c88 conversion… its like the stepper motor is a little off..?
if any one as had this happen please advise as to a solution..
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi.
This can happen due to wrong distance of printhead to table , misalignment of printer on base or the printer is shaking in each step.
Try making the printer more stable (avoid shaking)and also check that the printerhead in each corner of table is at the same hight.

Those are the facts that affect printing a lot and those are the points on which i give ufo a negative mark!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quick question. When you purchase the dtg conversion kit for the 3880 from ufo does it come with all the inks? I can not find any info on the website.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, Guys..

For those of you that who purchased the All-In-One kit from ufoprinter, how did the transaction take place? I mean what are the payment options, i.e. Visa, Paypal?

That's my only concern, really. Seems like a great system.

21 - 40 of 227 Posts