T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using the diazo based that came with my kit Prochem WR-6 and its ok but, fine detail isn't going to happen. I was thinking of using another type but I don't know a lot about them. Any suggestions. I'm using a (2) 500 watt exposure setup with glass top and black foam with weight to hold the stencil down and some details come out fine but some at the same location and size may blow out or wash away or refuse to release at all and this can change from one screen to the next with the same graphic I have tried to produce the same graphic 3 times, large graphics/type work fine. prewash and set three to five minutes reviles a nice crisp graphic but they final wash craps out different each time.

·
Registered
911 Posts
well, to start, i think i would just use the one halogen...if they arent spaced correctly you will have different exposures where the light from two sources overlap.
A scoop coater with even pressure and speed will produce a nice coat on your properly degreased screens, Im guessing you have the safety lens off the light fixtures?
When you start a new pail of emulsion, do a step wedge exposure to a screen to find your best burn time and then keep that in your head everytime you expose .. different number of coats will change that time.
There are so many variables with screening that if you start off wrong it will screw you later on down the line.

I would use one light source and if that doesnt work, make sure your screens are properly cleaned and coated.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I increased my exposure time by a minute and got all the fine text and 90 percent of the fine line detail, will work as the car in the graphic is a blockout and I will be doing both a water based and a plastisol version of this. I will post the finish results and I may have to increase screen from 110 and use a different emulsion. I am using only the overlap area of the two lights and have already done a wedge test but the lines on the test sheet were not this fine. I had to start with a warm water soak them as much as can be washed out with the warm water then the hose last. had to stop and leave some very fine lines uncleared because some detail started to blowout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts