T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you guys or girls knew what kind of ink/printing TapoutT, SKIN, Death Clutch, Warrior Wear, etc use? Before the shirt is washed, it has a very plastisol type feel to i, but after a wash it has a more soft feel, to where you can barely feel it on a shirt.

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i dont know if this is right (im a noob), but I spoke with someone yesterday who makes shirts like that, and they said they use some sort of bleach and then a special ink that blends with the bleach to make it the set-in feel afterwards...Hope it helps..

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'm sure it is waterbased discharge ink if it is on dark shirts. After printing but prewash, discharge ink is kind of rough and not very soft (especially white), but after a wash, it feels much softer. I think that the roughness is probably the discharge base or activator powder. I think that it washes out in the wash, but the pigment remains. I'm not positive, but that is my educated guess.
edit: I've heard that some companies wash their shirts after printing to have a soft hand feel before the shirts reach the customer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts