T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a custom/retail print/embroidery store. I do not have POS, Manager, or Accounting software. My business is booming for a small town, husband & wife & kids operation. I don't have the money to throw at all three areas of software to purchase for my shop.
  • I don't understand the flow of exchange on how the software will all tie into each other and necessity of which to buy first.
Example-A: Customer (A. walks in and wants to order a custom graduation print with school HS Name and Alumni on front with "nickname" of the graduate on back. This will be a custome order. Which software would come into play first and then where would it go until product is handed to customer.
Example-B: Customer (B. walks in and sees a shirt diplayed in store and brings it to me to purchase.

This is mostly the business I get in a nutshell. I am not novice in what to charge and how to keep track but everything is done with receipt books and scratch sheets of paper with a whole lot of disorganized information in my head....So far So Good...but I am slowly sinking. How much is my store profiting? What exactly is the amount of money coming in and going out? How much is my over-head Really?

·
Administrator
14,492 Posts
You could start with a $100 cash register that will give you daily sales totals. Then plug those numbers into quickbooks or other accounting software where you pay suppliers/expenses. This $200 solution will at least tell you if you're making any money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts