T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 75% done with my site and almost have the product where I am comfortable selling it.

Two questions.
How do you make sure your design is not tilted or off center? Is it something that I have to eyeball or do you make a template? After I cut the design out I am having a hard time getting it to look straight and centered.

Second. I am using an Epson C86 with a bulk unit from TLM. The black looks perfect but the colors are very liney. I did a head cleaning and an alignment but with the red during the alignment I went through about 20 pages and it never got better. Also it is suggested to set the BMI? rating on my printer. With adobe illustrator I can't find that option. Should I be using illustrator to print?

I know this turned into more than 2 questions but your help is appreciated.

Jason

·
Registered
382 Posts
To make sure your design is not off center or tilted, you need to make a center line on your shirts board and use registration marks on the artwork. This will tell you the exact center of the shirt, then just line up the registration marks to the centerline. Also you'll notice that a new shirt has a crease down the center. That is the center of the shirt. So when putting it on the shirt board, line that crease up with the centerline you drew on the board and you should be good.

Do you have corel draw? I find it much easier to manage separations and dot count for halftones. You might try that. You can download a trial version at www.corel.com to check it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts