T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're starting a business with a particular message that we are printing on tee-shirts. Most shirts have a design on the front and a quarter-sized logo below the neckband on the back. We also have a few shirts that have designs on the front and the back, as well as the logo.

We're trying to decide whether to buy one swing-away press with a raised lower platen to do both sides (like the George Knight DC 16), or a cheaper swing-away like the Hix Swingman 15 and a cheap hat press to do the rear logo (and rear designs, which are relatively small).

We've used both types of equipment at a friend's shop; so, we know either way works, but we would like to get your experienced opinions about which option is best. Which way would you go?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Me personally would just buy the one big press and do both on it.. unless you are gonna be doing hats also.. You can always add a second press later if you find you need it..
sue

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I agree I would only buy 1 press to start with. I would not buy any Geo Knight equipment , I have heard of timer and heting element issues. I like the His brand stuff. Great equipment and supper customer service. IMHO . ..... JB

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I would go with one press, and seperate hat press. We have the george knight digital combo, and if you are wanting to switch out your top platen,(mid job) you either have to wait until its cooled off or use heavy duty oven mitts, and a safe place to store the hot platen.

I am very impressed with george knight. We have had our press for 4yrs, the timer beeper went out, but after a call to gk they sent one right out. Any other time Ive had to call or email, they were right on the ball resolving my issues. I wouldnt hesitate ordering from them again. Ive been very pleased with their customer service.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
That's like saying I wouldn't buy a Chevy (or any other car) because parts wear out.
I agree with your statement. I guess that's why there is more than 2 company making heat press equipment. I have had great experience with the Hix company and that's why I suggest them. I have heard things about the Geo Knight brand that leads me to lack confidence in their products. You are right about your comment, but being bran loyal because of personal experiences is human nature. ..... JB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts