T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got my printer 4 days ago but have only bin printing and cutting today for 1st time ... it is doing the job but is just a little out when cutting .... it will just so slightly go into a letter or leave w bit of white ... i am using 65 grams of force on the blade when cutting this xerox media and have perform the test cut and its good but i wonder if i should slow the speed down a little to see if that will improve the accuracy . any other ideas ??

Also the print colour seem a bit blotchy up close and not one colour any ideas on improving that would be great .. appreciate any help thanks

Roy

· Registered
3,420 Posts
So i got my printer 4 days ago but have only bin printing and cutting today for 1st time ... it is doing the job but is just a little out when cutting .... it will just so slightly go into a letter or leave w bit of white ... i am using 65 grams of force on the blade when cutting this xerox media and have perform the test cut and its good but i wonder if i should slow the speed down a little to see if that will improve the accuracy . any other ideas ??

Also the print colour seem a bit blotchy up close and not one colour any ideas on improving that would be great .. appreciate any help thanks

Roy
Two things, make sure the media is being fed in straight (pinch rollers at every spot), the longer the run the more important that is, and yes if you need to slow the machine down do so, as for the color, what DPI is the artwork your printing, if it's less than 200 dpi (like 72 dpi) bump it up in photoshop you'll see a big difference.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
224 Posts
When you lay out the text(or image) add a double outline.......the first outline should be same as text color(or whatever your outline color currently is) and bump it up to 3. Then make the second outline your cut color.
This prints a bleed so you do not have the white outline.

if outside the line.......ditto Jon on making sure it is feeding straight.

· Registered
885 Posts
When I had my sp-300 I learned. When I print and cut, the media heats up, this causes the media to expand. then the media cools off it contracts. On large prints I could never get to line up exactly to do the contour cut. I used to put a color bleed around the area to cut. if the contour cut is right on the edge of a color I would make the color a tad larger than needed then have the contour cut cut into the extra color. this would leave a little color in the part to be weeded but, I would have color all around my image.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.