T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of post here about taking one's image from paper to computer and so thought i would share my first attempt to draw "By Hand" and turn the graphic into a vector image.

Background:

Yesterday i pulled out a dry erase board the kids had for a while to use in their homeschooling and i told them to stand there i would draw them.

Now i can't draw a lick by hand (i usually draw using a mouse on the computer) so my finished product looked like an adult but they loved it anyway and didn't want me to erase it so i took a picture of it so i could print it off for them.

Tonight while messing around with some product photos taken with my new digital camera I came across the drawing I did of them so I decided to try to see if i could turn my sorry drawing into a graphic.

Normally a artist that draws by hand will draw the graphic, scan it in, clean it up, paint it or turn it into a vector image then paint.

Here's the process that I used from start to finish. Maybe it can help someone else.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
At first, it's not easy to go from drawing by hand to drawing by computer. I personally have to make a brain shift to do it (from one mode of thinking to another mode of thinking). It's like the difference between making a sandwich or cooking a gourmet meal (the end result is the same [eating] but the method is different). :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Looks good ! You have got some good computer skills, because the finished product is touched up rather nicely (the nose, the shading, the eyes, etc) ;)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Great job Angela :) thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At first, it's not easy to go from drawing by hand to drawing by computer. I personally have to make a brain shift to do it (from one mode of thinking to another mode of thinking). It's like the difference between making a sandwich or cooking a gourmet meal (the end result is the same [eating] but the method is different). :)
Funny my brother draw very well by hand but he can't draw using the computer. I can create things on the computer but can't draw by hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts