T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your normal turn around time on an order? What do you consider rush and what do you charge for a rush?

As I get busier I am noticing more and more "we need this next week". I use plastisol transfers but of course compete with the local screen printers - so in the screen printing world how do you guys (and gals) handle this.

·
Administrator
14,727 Posts
Do you make your own transfers or sub it out?

If you sub it out, what is your turn around time with your supplier? This seems like an easy solution for you. If it takes your transfer screenprinter a week to get you transfers, then that dictates what a rush is to you automatically, no? So in other words, if it takes 5 days to get transfers from your supplier, plus 2 days for you to press the shirts, then anything less than 7 days would automatically be a rush for you?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can get transfers next day and t-shirts next day - So I can turn around a job the next day if neccessary with an extra $50 bucks out of my pocket. (of course this depends on quantity etc, but for arguements sake let's say the local screen printers can't screen a shirt in less than 30 seconds - which is what i can press on in)

So my question is more what is the "norm" for a printer to charge. I am looking to stay competive. I know I could call but at this point I think the locals have to know my voice due to my other pricing calls I have made.

·
Administrator
14,727 Posts
So my question is more what is the "norm" for a printer to charge. I am looking to stay competive. I know I could call but at this point I think the locals have to know my voice due to my other pricing calls I have made.
You want us to call for you? :)

The norm for us is not going to help you if you are trying to see what your competitor would charge. But here is an example from a site I came across today:

TURN AROUND:PLEASE ALLOW 7 TO 14 BUSINESS DAYS FROM DEPOSIT, ART, AND GARMENTS FOR PRODUCTION TURN AROUND. font>

PRIORITY SERVICES: JOBS NEEDED IN 5 BUSINESS DAYS ADD 20% OR $100 MINIMUM TO INVOICE TOTAL.

JOBS NEEDED IN 3 BUSINESS DAYS ADD 35% OR $150 MINIMUM TO INVOICE TOTAL.

JOBS NEEDED IN 1 BUSINESS DAYS ADD 50% TO INVOICE TOTAL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts