T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I already run a t shirt printing business but am looking to set up a small solo one and I been looking at machinery. Im pretty good and building and converting things and have good friends for fabrication and the elctronics side. So im thinkink of biulding a tunnel dryer so save money. I have looked at the one we have used for the last 15 years and there doesdnt appear to be much to it.6 Ceramic elements, bet speed motor, temp regulater and digital read out (We added the read out), a couple of rollers and a belt. Does anyone have any build plans?? I could also do with knowing where to get the belt and main rollers. + what are your views on an alternative heat source, say like halogen. I want to make it as Eco as possible and are looking at various choices for insulation. Any ideas would be greatfully receaved.

Many thanks

PiranhaMan (Sorry about the spelling. Im one of those dyslexic printers:))

· Registered
4 Posts
I use toaster's elements to build my dryer, works very good (2 long toasters). You can find the longer version of toaster at goodwill or thrift stores. Distance to shirt is 2-2.5", time is around 40 seconds from enter to exit. God bless.

· Registered
9,603 Posts
I use toaster's elements to build my dryer, works very good (2 long toasters). You can find the longer version of toaster at goodwill or thrift stores. Distance to shirt is 2-2.5", time is around 40 seconds from enter to exit. God bless.
A toaster or a small oven? I am thinking you use the rotisserie motor to move the conveyor. Anyway, do you have some pics?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.