T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tultex tees have a great price and look like AA shirts, ive heard some quality issues before, what do you think???
Tultex tees are used in large programs in retailers such as Wal-Mart & Hot Topic as well as tour merchandise for some very well known, popular bands. That said, Tultex tees have gone through rigorous testing in order to be approved into these programs.

Where are you located? I generally tell people to get samples and form their own opinion.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I've never ordered Tultex, but I have a sample tee shirt I got from ISS LB and I've worn and washed it several times and I actually really like the way it's held up! It's still super soft and has maintained its shape.

I keep meaning to place an order, but having Bodek and Broder's west coast DC's here in town makes it too easy to do customer pick up for one or two shirts at a time as I need them.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I see the TSC rep is on this post defending the Tultex tee. The tultex tee is fine for some uses, but even top mngmt @ TSC will admit that it is a lower quality & lower cost alternative to shirts such as American Apparel

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've been asked to do a few hundred shirts in Tultex, but I'm concerned about quality issues after reading here. If I decide to use them, do I need to order a larger quantity of spares than my normal 2 per size to not only cover for misprints, but mis shaped as well?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I see I will have to defend Tultex tees. I have printed about 900 in the last month and I didn't have issues at all. The customers like them and they have been satisfied. I am not sure what everyone else has experienced, but I don't have the issues

·
Registered
57 Posts
I print on the Tultex #0202 and have done a couple hundred. The quality is good for what you pay. They shrink a bit but not much, they keep color very well, the one downside is the stitching in the seams tends to come undone on a few of them, but other than that they are pretty good quality. Like I said I you get what you pay for on this brand.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tultex tees have a great price and look like AA shirts, ive heard some quality issues before, what do you think???
I have had a few issues with the 241 & youth 265 Tultex poly rich shirts here & there . not sure if they just got miss labeled or not ? but you would never know if you did not sublimate - then last week I did a big order in the heather Blue & had 60% of the order that had little to no poly in the shirt. The ones with poly looked awesome.. the others looked like toast. ink did not stick at all.. They also came from 3 different warehouses so it was not a problem at 1 warehouse.. It was also like pulling teeth to report the problem to S&S & to try to reack a fix.. I have decieded to get credit for the shirts if approved
& look for a different shirt / maybe the Delta which is also a great shirt @ a better price, but as usual stock is the daily quagmire...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had a few issues with the 241 & youth 265 Tultex poly rich shirts here & there . not sure if they just got miss labeled or not ? but you would never know if you did not sublimate - then last week I did a big order in the heather Blue & had 60% of the order that had little to no poly in the shirt. The ones with poly looked awesome.. the others looked like toast. ink did not stick at all.. They also came from 3 different warehouses so it was not a problem at 1 warehouse.. It was also like pulling teeth to report the problem to S&S & to try to reack a fix.. I have decieded to get credit for the shirts if approved
& look for a different shirt / maybe the Delta which is also a great shirt @ a better price, but as usual stock is the daily quagmire...
Publication Font Book Signage Book cover

·
Registered
6 Posts
What are we looking at in this picture? Are your colors off?
Dye Sublimation transfer on Same Tultex shirts side by side - 1 is Poly rich 65/35 which lets the ink stick to it & looks beautiful.. the other is cotton & ink does not adhere looks like crap, these Tultex #241 & youth 265 must be labeled wrong - order was full of the cotton shirts - I have had a few pieces here & there but this order was full wrong shirts that as you see do not work for Dye sub,,, I luv their shirts when they give me what I order that is labeled correctly- now I have 2 replace all the crap shirts,,
as pic shows process is not good on cotton... TULTEX / SSactive wear Nightmare,,,

·
Administrator
15,761 Posts
Dye Sublimation transfer on Same Tultex shirts side by side - 1 is Poly rich 65/35 which lets the ink stick to it & looks beautiful.. the other is cotton & ink does not adhere looks like crap, these Tultex #241 & youth 265 must be labeled wrong - order was full of the cotton shirts - I have had a few pieces here & there but this order was full wrong shirts that as you see do not work for Dye sub,,, I luv their shirts when they give me what I order that is labeled correctly- now I have 2 replace all the crap shirts,,
as pic shows process is not good on cotton... TULTEX / SSactive wear Nightmare,,,
Sorry, not following. If you are saying you think you got mislabeled shirts, you should easily be able to tell. The texture and feel would be different.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts