T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to do my first dye sub heat transfer today. I was advised to place something between the two layers of the shirt in order to keep the dye from blowing through to the back.

I have some teflon pillows that work ok but it isn't an efficient work process. I'm thinking if I could put the tee on a shirt shaped platen (hang the shirt on a piece of wood or heat resistant material shaped like a shirt and sized to fit) it would remove the need to insert the teflon barrier and would make -centering- the shirt on the heat press easier and faster.

Anyone know where I can buy such platens or have suggestions as to what material would be good and where I could buy it? My first thought was aluminum stock but that would heat up way too quickly.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Go to office depot and get their large mouse pad. 14 x 18 It is the same basic material as most heat press bottoms. Place between layers. Use the bottom though. Most of the tops are usually a design. I use one on my tee board that I made for doing tees on my small press. I added it there because I am getting request by email to get the design for the board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts