T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I don't think there is an official list anywhere. It probably wouldn't be too hard to compile one though. I'll add it to my "to do" list :)

Just curious though. How would this be helpful? Most of the manufacturers are already known (hanes, american apparel, alternative apparel, jerzees, fruit of the loom, etc)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it would benefit newbies like myself mostly. Most of us have heard of Hanes and Fruit of the Loom but I just learned about Apples and Oranges. I was trying to figure out why people were here talking about fruit.

I wasn't familiar with Alternative Apparel. They have the perfect thin female tee for what I'm trying to do. When someone mentions a tee it would be nice to scroll down click on the manufacturers list and check out that shirt instead of completely leaving your site and coming back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
can you screen print on the tee shirts provided by companies like Hanes etc and sell it in a shop ? if not, which companies provides such tee shirts ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
You go through distributors unless you have huge volume. You can go directly to some like American apparel, but they may balk if you also sell blanks. I like to stick with distributors that have multiple brands so I don't have to mess with so many accounts.

·
2,957 Posts
achi4183 said:
can you screen print on the tee shirts provided by companies like Hanes etc and sell it in a shop ? if not, which companies provides such tee shirts ?
Welcome to the forums.

Yes you can print on any shirt you like, Haynes, Fruit of the Loom, Gildan, Comin'OutSwingin's, etc!

I've been thinking about writing up a how-to "guide" about how to get started with you own t-shirt business. It would cover the different ways you could sell shirts, print them, etc. and go in-depth in every facet of t-shirt selling. I would write the parts of it that I have knowledge about and have some contributors/companion writers write things I'm not too familiar with. But it would definitely cover things like a list of t-shirt manufacturers with contact info.

I was thinking about making it a downloadable e-book so it would be readily available and sell it for like $5.

Hope I didn't hijack, lawaughn.:eek:

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hasn't that guide already been written?

1. Make shirts
2. Sell shirts
8. Profit!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin said:
I've been thinking about writing up a how-to "guide" about how to get started with you own t-shirt business. It would cover the different ways you could sell shirts, print them, etc. and go in-depth in every facet of t-shirt selling. I would write the parts of it that I have knowledge about and have some contributors/companion writers write things I'm not too familiar with. But it would definitely cover things like a list of t-shirt manufacturers with contact info.

I was thinking about making it a downloadable e-book so it would be readily available and sell it for like $5.

Hope I didn't hijack, lawaughn.:eek:
Great idea! Although there's a few books out there... most are pretty old.

·
2,957 Posts
Of course it's been written...the problem is lots of people don't know HOW to
1. Make shirts
2. Sell shirts
8. Profit!

Hopefully, I can update what's out there and go more in-depth. Details would be my selling point.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin said:

You and everyone else ;)

I think one of the other forum members is already working on such a book. I've had one in the works as well.

But the more the merrier. I think each book would probably bring something different from the author's experience and perspective.

·
2,957 Posts
Yeah, I guess you're right about the perspective.

But it's easy to see that something like that is needed. I know when I first got my ideas I would think to myself all the time, "I wish there was something that had everything I needed to know about this t-shirt business!". And when you see people asking the same questions over and over, it really hits home.

I'll bet it's time consuming, and time isn't something I have much of right now. But I've been thinking about it for a while. Maybe I'll start logging what I'm doing in my business so that when I have the time I can just refer back to some notes.

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to printing tees so i was just wondering if the blank tees mentioned here (hanes, beefy tee etc) already have the manufacturer tags sewn on? I'm looking for a totally blank tee as in no tags or anything because I'd like to add my own tags, any help on locating such tees would be greatly appreciated, thanks :D

·
2,957 Posts
No, they come with tags.

Some shirts come without tags, but the logo/care info is printed inside the back neckline of the shirt. You won't be able to find shirts that come without a tag or printed info. Stupid laws.

Some manufacturers will sew your label in instead of theirs, but the minimums are usually pretty high for this service. Royal Apparel has the lowest minimum I have seen for this. I think it is 60 shirts.

·
2,957 Posts
I just went to the site to check that.

It is VERY misleading. This is what I saw before. I called a moment ago. The "no minimums" refers to the purchasing of shirts, not relabeling. They have it under "services" and "relabel" but it should really be a general "faq" section.

The person I spoke with says the minimum is still 60 units for relabeling Royal Apparel shirts. No minimums on the purchase of shirts. You can buy singles. That's what the "no minimums" under the "relabel" section is for. When I asked why they have "no minimums" under the relabel section, the guy didn't know!

They also have "no minimums" for label changes under "private label". This is true. But you must have ordered 1,200 units for them to custom make. THEN, there are no minimums for them to put in your label instead of theirs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They really need to change the wording on their site but it's still a good source.

My only question is why can they do only 60 to re-label but for private labeling a minimum of 1,200? What the difference? They both have to be sewn in.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts