T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy dudes. I recently created a new site called Tshirt Designers United (the link is in my signature), aimed at sharing insights into tshirt design amongst the tshirt designing community.

I don't want it to be a competitor to this forum by any means (T-Shirt Forums is awesome!), I just love tshirts and thought I would create a tshirt site that is more of a social network than a forum.

I would love to get some feedback on Tshirt Designers United, particularly any improvements or weak points you come across. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I think if I came to the site randomly, not having read your introduction, I would mistake it for a blog rather than a social networking site.

The profile section could use developing; I don't see any of the usual things I'd associate with a user profile on a networking site, like company name, website, or location.

Other than having an activity stream, I don't really see it as a social networking site yet. In that regard, it seems more like a forum without privacy controls. I know the site is early in development and all that will change, but personally I think it still has a long way to go. Social networking sites require substantial architecture and functionality - I'm not seeing that here.

A couple of other things - I'd make the logo at the top a link back to the main page. I'd work on downplaying the blog angle and trying to move people into the social networking angle as quick as possible, since that's your point of difference. The 'random member' 'random group' links in the top right are a good way for people to get deep into the site and get an idea of what you're about, for example.

Personally when I come across a new site with social profiles that's about the first thing I do - try and get deeper into the site to get a sense of what it's all about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts