T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I am in a bind, I am trying to print on 60% cotton 40% polyester camo shirts, and they are not coming out the way they should at all. Any advice?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Guys I am in a bind, I am trying to print on 60% cotton 40% polyester camo shirts, and they are not coming out the way they should at all. Any advice?

If you are using a DTG it needs to be on a 100% cotton shirt. I have read it might print fine but after a wash or so, the polyester part will fade fast. Sorry, I am of no help. But if you were wondering why it wasn't working, that is probably why. good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have printed on camo shirts the are 100% cotton on our Anajet, we treated the shirt like it was a black shirt (pretreat) and give it a white layer. Came out great.
Terry

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Because of the fabric content of camouflage shirts they are more difficult to print on digital garment printers. You should print them as dark shirts - pretreat them, print a white underbase, and then print your color print on top.

Harry

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
We have printed on camo shirts the are 100% cotton on our Anajet, we treated the shirt like it was a black shirt (pretreat) and give it a white layer. Came out great.
Terry
Terry, What brand was the Camo? Who is the supplier?

·
Registered
487 Posts
As said above, you should treat it like a black shirts, and underlay the artwork with white, and pretreat. However, some camo apparel are treated with scent blocker, and other types of antibacterial garment treatments. These may not interact well with the pretreatment, and inks for your DTG printer.
Hope this helps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts