T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We are trying to launch a custom designed tshirt line. So far we have 6 designs and have sample tshirts from 4 different vendors. The issue is the quality of the print and image.

We were told that we need to hire a graphic artist to create a vector file which should help the image transfer smoothly onto the tshirt.

So far we have had rave reviews on the designs. Hopefully we can get to the point where everything comes together. The image and the shirt. So we are looking to find answers on how to get this done.

We are open to suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
hi SC,
Not sure what you mean by "Custom Designed T-Shirts"

Are you doing "Custom" for other artists or are they your designs? if they are your designs and you hire someone else to print the shirts then you are a Brand that offers products ready to wear and you're NOT a "Custom Service". :)

I imagine you could also be Both.

I can understand your comments about not knowing how to get your art/graphics done etc. etc.

I have read that it is best to learn as much as you can about all types of printing methods and processes (rodneys t-shirt university aka t-forums is an oki place :)) before you actually start designing. This way when your creative juices start pumping you will have a better idea what works best or what printing process is required to achieve the finished look you want. It also gives you a an idea of costs...and thats important too because you will need to compete in an already inflated market. But, if anyone can do it, you Can. :)

:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You may have sketches of your designs, but to get them printed they need to be in vector art for two reasons, so they can be re sized and that's what most printers use.
John

·
Registered
217 Posts
You can also go to www.deviantart.com and post a job for someone to put you designs in vector form. Oh I forgot that there are websites that will put it in vector for a small fee,search the forum because I know that site that was doing it for free but now they a charging (not much)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts