T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there my name is Mike and me and my wife Gina have are both retired and wanted to start a small t-shirt shop printing our favorite bands from back in the day and print some shirts for our grand kids. We are in the beginning stages and are currently looking for plain t-shirt brands that we can print on. I've had a shirt gifted to me about a year ago which came from a local printing t-shirt shop that has now moved and I really enjoy the quality of the shirt because of it's softness and would be perfect for our grand kids. The shirt has a logo on the inside but no other indication of the brand, was hoping if anyone knows the brand or could point us in the right direction. Would make me and my wife really happy to figure this out. The Logo is a big G that is slanted to the left in a circle. I will attach an image of it if someone could explain to me how!

Thank you for your time.

~Mike :)

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Well, Gildan starts with a "G" and sells a lot of shirts into print shops ... but they spell their name out on their shirts. And you probably would not have been as impressed it if were a Gildan.

There are a lot of brands and styles available, so I wouldn't spend time trying to track down that particular shirt's origins.

Find out who your local/regional garment distributors are and go have a look at what they carry. If you are far away from any distributors, then setup an account with one or two of the big national companies that wholesale a broad range of brands. Then order a sample of this and a sample of that and see which you like.

In general, ringspun garments are softer and more expensive. Also, 40-singles is a finer, softer fabric than a 20-singles. The other number you'll see is the fabric weight in ounces per square yard. 6.1oz is considered a heavy Tee, like a Hanes Beefy-T. 4.3oz is on the lighter side and commonly used for trimmer, modern cut Tees like American Apparel 2001 or Next Level Apparel 3600.

Enjoy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
in case anyone is still in suspense, i could read the # and used it in splathead's link
it is a rather large t-shirt printer/supplier, they do many big bands/acts (one direction, mariah carey, ufc, etc.)
link

highly unlikely they would divulge their tee supplier, esp if you plan on making your own band knockoff's
heck, they may even have their own dedicated chinese factory

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.