T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m more or less just starting out and I was wondering if there is any brands out there with the fit, quality and feel ect. That American Apparel or Alternative Apparel has?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ hideyourarms I am looking at those brands for many reasons. I like fitted shirts (such as tapered, fashion, slim fit styles) I believe they complement the frame due to their ability to elongate the torso. Admittedly, however, I do not know how well these product print so if anyone out there know I am quite interested in that as well. Also those brands tend to have a very nice feel to the hand and this is appealing to many people because the feel of the product if often the second thing a buyer encounters, after sight of course. Lastly from what I gather those brands tend to have a decent to good wear life. However the prices of these products are outrages. So I am looking for a more cost effective alternative. So if yall have prices that would be awesome.

@ Common Seed Thank you I’ll check them out.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
You can also try JS Apparel or Article1.

Seems like you are looking for a premium blank (American, Alternative, Royal, JS and Article1 all qualify as such). Chances are, you won't find a huge price difference between them. You'll have to contact each separately to get prices as they shouldn't be posted on a public forum.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Makes sense. Well then let me ask you this, if these are all roughly the same in quality and price are there cheaper alternatives out there that may have two of the three for-mentioned characteristics? If not, does anyone know where the best prices for these brands can be found?

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
By definition, a cheaper alternative to a premium tee wouldn't be a premium tee. So the next best option would be to check out the basic brands (Gildan, Anvil, Alstyle, etc) and look for their "ring spun" style. This will be a step up from their regular tees, but cheaper than the premium brands.

As for best pricing, I believe Royal, JS and Article1 are only available direct through them, not through distributors.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, check out Pima Apparel, Next Level Apparel and Kavio. They may be cheaper than the premiums. Not sure I would necessarily consider them better than the basic brand's ring spun tees though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So for the step down you would recommend a ring spun vs a slim fit or something alike?

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Ring spun creates a softer touch to the fabric. Slim fit is how the garment fits on the person. It's not really an either or. You can find both, you just need to find what's in your price range.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok cool. Tell while we’re on the topic of garments, once summer starts to wind down I will be looking into making hoodies and have been looking for a fur lined hoodie or one lined with thermals ect. I haven’t been able to find any, is there a brand that makes blank lined hoodies? In case you or anyone else happens to knows

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well while I’ve got you, lets try this one. do you know of any companies that sell blank board shorts, polyester would be the best?

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Makes sense. Well then let me ask you this, if these are all roughly the same in quality and price are there cheaper alternatives out there that may have two of the three for-mentioned characteristics? If not, does anyone know where the best prices for these brands can be found?
If you are a t-shirt printer or have the right licenses, you can setup a wholesale account at Sun Apparel to get American Apparel blanks.

You can also setup a wholesale account at AlphaShirt.com to get AlternativeApparel (and other brand blank t-shirts) wholesale.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah account with Alpha in Houston, they seem to have pretty good prices I just wanted to find out what else is out there before I dropped a lot of money into it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
While on the subject of clothing and prices ect. Does anyone know if finding a cut a sew shop would be anywhere near the price of the products offered by the for-mentioned companies? I have read lots of posts on cut and sew shops but yet to find too many hard numbers and things along that line

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
While on the subject of clothing and prices ect. Does anyone know if finding a cut a sew shop would be anywhere near the price of the products offered by the for-mentioned companies? I have read lots of posts on cut and sew shops but yet to find too many hard numbers and things along that line
You may want to start a new thread with a more descriptive thread title for your new question, as people with information about cut and sew might not see your new question buried in a topic about American Apparel (since not everyone reads every thread :))

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah your right, i was just seeing if the people who replied to this knew. but ill do that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts