T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi members,

though i've sold shirts i'm branching-out into embroidery for caps similar to new era's fiftynine fifty caps.I just wanted to know if anyone knew Really-Reasonable
embroiderers for this.I'm in this for profits & longevity.I'm an Artist so we can work out something.Because who or the company has the equipment.
thanks all help's Greatly Appreciated.

Res35/Artist

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi members-again,

I'm Sorry i didn't proofread my post..my bad!!!.I should've just said at my emails
conclusion my occupation.Instead i came -off like i was Promoting myself.It wasn't my attempt "Please Accept my mistake & Apology".Because i just saw it's against
the sites rules,I hope my emails not penalize.:confused:

·
2,957 Posts
Embroiderers charge by stitch count. Normally, you will need to get your design (logo/text) digitized first. That will give you the accurate stitch count. Then you can call different embroiderers with your stitch count, and they will give you a quote.

Embroidery can be very expensive, though. Even for volume. Some text that is about 2 inches in length and about half an inch high, is about 3,000-4,000 stitches. It will cost you about $3-$4 per item, even if you want as many as 200. It will be more per item, if you want less.

If you are talking about a design/logo, that same measurement will probably be more stitches, which is more money.

Very expensive.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Res, your best bet in looking for an embroiderer is to just shop around locally (some screen printers in your area are probably also embroiderers). You can also do searches online or post a "service wanted" type ad at boards.screenprinters.net

·
Registered
140 Posts
Depending on Quantity your best bet is to look for someone who specializes in "contract" embroidery. If you are just intrested in hats most of the major companies like Otto, Nissan, KC Caps to name a few, have embroidery service from their overseas suppliers, They will digitize your artwork and sew it onto the hat panels before consructing the hat. This generally gives a more professional look, and lessens size restrictions of your designs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks 2 all u guys!.I'll again check locally for other embroiders i might go with the one i dealt with last time, i'll continue looking cause with him there were size restrictions and i didn't persue dealing with him due to lots of money but not what i wanted!.I'm registered on screenprinters.net & will place an ad for contract-embroiders though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts