T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just wondered if anyone can tell me if I can embroider true type fonts. The results so far are not very good. We usually get our digitizing done from outside, but I wanted to give it a go myself. The text is times new roman and the logo has a half moon shape. The Shape looks fine when its embroidered on to a garment.

Is it possible to create the logo in corel draw and import them into design shop, I am using Amaya,

Thanks

Maggie

· Registered
43 Posts
Once you can import a graphics into your software program you can digitize true type fonts.

type the text in corel draw, export it as a Jpeg or tif file, then import it into your software program and start to digitize.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Thanks for your replies. My computer has died on me and I haven't been able to respond. I'm on another computer at the moment.

Do true type fonts have to be digitized then ??? please excuse my ignorance. I have typed the words that i want into design shop, (the software that comes with my embroidery machines) I thought that i could just click a key and it converts it into stitches.

I take it there is more to it than that.

Thanks again

Maggie

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am using Design Shop. I spoke to our engineer yesterday and he told me that it should work OK, I just have to know the right settings to use. I played around with the settings and it does look a lot better, although not perfect. I really could do with some training. I can run the machines OK, thats the easy part :) I normally just help out on the embroidery side of things, my usual job is printing with the heat press.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Maggie

T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.