T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you please take a look at this listing, do you think this is the TRUE JPSS paper?

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I purchased it this week because my wife and I are looking into making tshirts/bibs/onesies/etc. We tried this paper and i feel like its not the same as everyone talks about so maybe we got tricked into getting a cheaper version? We are using white tshirts/bibs/onesies and when we hot peel the paper, it leaves the white residue(maybe after wewash it will be fine). Also when we cold peel, it looks and feels cool but you see the white residue alot more. It could just be us since we are testing all this for the first time but figured i would get some input :) thanks for your time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
proworlded-

thanks for your help. I have attached (3) pictures for you. The bib and onesie were hot peels and the tshirt was a cold peel. Even though the bib and onesie are not as smooth feeling as the tshirt, I think they came out better b/c atleast you cant see the transfer paper that much. These have been sitting for about 15 hours and I will probably do my 1st wash later tonight or tomorrow. We are using an Epson C88+ with the Durabrite Pigment Inks. Let me know your thoughts on the pictures attached. Thanks for your help!:)

John

Attachments

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
What you are seeing is the polymer 'carrier' that is necessary to transfer the ink to the garment. In many instances this will disappear after one or more washing. Trimming around the image is the only way to eliminate the coating that appears on the garment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks ED! So you think they look normal then? When you do a cold peel, you see the polymer more so im sure if you dont want to see it as much on item, hot peel is the way to go? Thanks again for the useful info. When i start selling them, i dont plan on washing and then sending to customer so i guess the best bet is to advise them after several washings, the polymer will fade with time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Makes sense Ed! You mentioned to cut as close to the image which makes sense. But when it comes to text like this, would you recommend cutting as close(which causes a weird irregular shape for the polymer background or would you recommend cutting a square around the texl like we did? It would be nice to cut out each letter but that would be a pain.....

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I forgot to mention, if you are using the same designs over and over you might want to consider having custom transfers made. Very professional and no background.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.