T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,

So I bought a new heat transfer machine on ebay (link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEAT-PRESS-MACHINE-TRANSFER-SUBLIMATION-15X15-WITH-TEFLON-SHEET-/280890405426?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41665f7232

it was about a year ago now and I think i broke it by amateuraly using it. I went to buy paper, explained to them what machine i had and all and followed the directions in relation to dark and light.

i think the mess happened one night when i was rigorously working on designs and trying to transfer them and idk what happened but i remember when i tried transfering on a black 50/50 sweater the machine plate literally burned up after only 10-20 seconds of being pressed down. I lifted the plate up and the paper was burned almost to a crisp and so was the sweaters rib neck and tag melted (polyester)......(as i am rehearsing the story i THINK i made the mistake of not puting the protective sheet over the paper before pressing, darn.)

Anywho, my main point was to see if it is possible to just replace the plate itself.
Every other part of the machine is brand new and ive only attempted to use like 3 times, the first was successful, the 2nd i burned it, and recently the 3rd i realized it just burns both the paper and the image when i attempt to press a design on a t-shirt or sweater, which sucks cause i have some great designs that i want to make samples of!

Please help! :confused::confused::confused:

· Registered
10,809 Posts
Are you saying that the sweater burned or the plate itself? It would be very unusual for the plate to 'burn'. Have you contacted the supplier? Photos would also help.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Burning paper to a crisp sounds pretty strange. Sounds like either the press isn't regulating temperature properly anymore and not shutting off when it reaches the target temp, or you're not converting from fahrenheit (what most manufacturers provide pressing temps in) to celsius (what most chinese presses use, like the one you linked) correctly and thus pressing it much hotter than what you're supposed to be pressing it at.

· Registered
45 Posts
I would agree with joeshaul. Your machine is likely reading in Celsius degrees and you may be setting in Fahrenheit degrees. This would equate to close to double the temperature you should be operating at. The best way to test this is to turn the heat press on when the platen is completely cold. If your "real time" temperature reads 20-30 degrees at startup, when cold, this means that you're machine is reading Celsius. If your temperature reads 70-80 degrees at startup, it means you're reading in Fahrenheit degrees and you may have a different issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.