T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am having some issues with printing my white ink (Triangle Phoenix White) through 200 mesh count screens. I print the test print, and all looks good, all ink is cleared from the screen, it's clean and 100% clear. But then I go to print onto the garment using the same pressure, technique, ect. and nearly all the ink remains in the screen. It is taking me upwards of 6 passes to get good coverage on dark green shirts. I feel like I am doing something wrong. I have a very detailed image... so figured it would look better with a higher mesh count. Did I go to high?

Also I have been using this particular screen; printing occasionally for the past 3 weeks or so. As I understand it as long as you make sure to clean your image area of all ink before storage the screen should last as long as I want. But I am still very new to this whole game, So I could be doing something totally wrong. Ive managed to get by on the first 50 shirts. Its just the last 15 or so that seem to not clear the screen of all the ink. Any tips or experienced knowledge would be appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I am only on a one station press... however I am only flashing for 5 seconds or less.. and I have a fan close by aimed at the printing press to help dissipate the heat a bit more quickly. Because I was thinking precisely about this. However the only thing that is curious to me, is that anytime I throw a test square up there, the ink clears completely, even in between flashing layers on the shirt.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Fluid said:
OFF CONTACT. Raise your screen a little from the shirt. The pellon (test square) is considerably thinner than the shirt.
Like Richard said sounds like off contact... however if you still get ink left in the screen try doing a flood stroke (pull the ink over the image without downward pressure) then do two normal strokes without adding ink. One to print the flooded screen and a second that serves as a clean-up stroke to get any ink left in the screen out..
Whenever I have white ink being left in the screen a little more off contact and a clean-up stroke always solves the problem...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Squirts said:
Like Richard said sounds like off contact... however if you still get ink left in the screen try doing a flood stroke (pull the ink over the image without downward pressure) then do two normal strokes without adding ink. One to print the flooded screen and a second that serves as a clean-up stroke to get any ink left in the screen out..
Whenever I have white ink being left in the screen a little more off contact and a clean-up stroke always solves the problem...

Well thanks for the tips, I was actually placing the test sqaure on top of the shirt itself a number of times. But as far as using a flood stroke, I was under the impression I was supposed to do this everytime, in order to fill the screen with ink for the next pass. But I will have a go at the clean up stroke a bit more avidly I did this a few times... but wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not.

Again, I appreciate everyone taking the time to give a helping hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts