T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had any issues with ecotex inks at all for the record, but now I'm questioning this issue. I tried using warm red and rubine red P, F, P on both snow white and mixing white underbases. Both had white underbase showing through. Ignore the improper choke. I did this as an illustration for ink testing only. I'm using a high-quality black 100% Bella canvas shirt for testing.

It almost looks like the water-based ink brand is just to thin to use on top of underbases. If you agree with this... can you please advise me or point to me the best ink I can use for water based overprints so colors don't bleed through?

I also thought maybe it was because I was not flashing long enough on the underbase and the colors were mixing causing discoloring, but underbase was dry to the touch or tacky on my test runs.

Thoughts?

Attachments

· Registered
4,593 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the ink, and if you look closely you will see gaps in your white under-base as well.
You could try hitting the red twice (print-flash-print), but in my opinion the best option would be to use opaque ink without under-base.
If the opaque red is not as bright as you'd like, you can use it as uderbase and print this brighter red on top of it. This will require an additional screen of course, but the gaps will not be noticeable.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The image I posted doesn’t do justice but I use Snow White RFU for an underbase. It’s extremely bright opaque. But the brighter the underbase the more pink the overprint red was. I dunno…

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our point was to use opaque red ink and no underbase.
Ahhh gotcha! Is this a thing with only red ink on water base? This was an example where I used Rubine red on black and it’s so dark you can almost not see it. I didn’t do a second p f p though like suggested.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.