T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started having issues on my Epson 1430 where I will get what looks like tiny overspray or shadowing around images when I print them out. I am printing out of Photoshop and have a CIS that I have used since I started 6 months ago and same paper. Using same images so nothing has changed. Have done several head cleanings and nozzle check comes out perfect. It is happening on images that don't have black in them also. Contacted business where I bought CIS and he is stumped. Asked other businesses and no one can give me a solution to the problem. When sublimating on mugs, the images come out bright, vivid and true to color except for the black shadow or overspray whatever it is. Tried the strip of paper towel soaked in Windex under print head to clean but that did not help either.
Never in the same place. Can be on right side on one image and the left side on another image. Anyone can help?. Thanks!

· Registered
1 Posts
I've been having that same issue, have photos for reference but cannot figure out how to attach them.
I've tried head cleaning, reconfiguring my printer, manually cleaning the bottom with windex, etc. but have not been able to fix it and have gone through several ink cartridges just trying to get it to print without streaking and this odd spray. I use AccuRIP software to print transparencies and have never had this issue before (this is our 2nd Epson Artisan 1430).

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot figure the problem out yet. I get a black shadow around images when I print certain color images. Usually darker colors such as burgundy and brown. I did find it helped to keep the humidity in the room controlled as I live in WI and in winter I now run a humidifier. I have done everything possible same as you mentioned and it doesn't help much. I usually print a couple test prints after I do a head cleaning before I print a good one. I am stumped! Sometimes it happens and sometimes it don't. Very frustrating! Sorry I don't have an answer for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.