T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing this for over a year and am having a new problem. I have an epson artisan 1430 with all of the colors it came with. I have to make sure the design is set to (100,100,100,100) to make sure it gives me a dark enough black. (Let me know if there is an easier way that isn't too expensive). I am trying to print a design but it is only printing part of it. And the part that is printing is a faint blue instead of the black that it is suppose to be. I have converted the text to curves. What is going on? Attached are pictures.

Attachments

· Registered
19 Posts
I assume you dont use a RIP software such as Accurip which can allow you to use bulk black inks. Here is a great place to go for ink, Replacement Refillable All Black 1430 / 1400 Cartridges - Film Direct. You can click on the part of the image that actually printed and try to select same fill and make sure the other parts are the same black and then can double check you are indeed at 100% black. I always make sure to convert to Spot black as well.

· Registered
707 Posts
When you're printing, set your "color" to "print separations" and set rendering intent to "saturation". You can print your film with just the black channel and it should come out fine. We print to waterproof film and it's plenty dark without going to c100,m100,y100,k100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.