T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I brought an image from photoshop into illustrator as a dscII file in order to add borders and text and output directly from illustrator. First time for me. The films look great but unfortunately the reg marks i drew only appeared on the black film.

I was apparently in some other world when i didn't select "registration color" for my registration marks, but when i view the color in the color window it shows them as 100% of C, M, Y, and K. Theoretically, i should have reg marks on all the films except my spot colors, right?

I am going to reprint with the reg color selected, but i was wondering if anyone knew why this happened. If there's a little quirk somewhere i'd like to know before printing 6 13x18 films!

thanks in advance.

edit: I tried printing with the registration color selected as the color of my registration marks, cyan plate prints first, and no reg marks! wtf??

derek

·
Registered
89 Posts
In CMYK, the black ink by itself is commonly not nearly 'black' enough - so usually a cmyk 'black' has contribution from the other three channels of color and ink, as well.

Why the cyan plate's reg marks didn't print, I dunno.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
usually a cmyk 'black' has contribution from the other three channels of color and ink, as well.
I've heard this referred to as a "superblack." But alas, I am far away from the press at this stage.

Why the cyan plate's reg marks didn't print, I dunno.
Me either.

And it's more than a bit frustrating. None of the reg marks are printing except those on the black plate. I'm almost tempted to register without the marks, i'd just rather not, and i'd definately not like to settle with never using them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts