T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Has anyone else experienced problems with Ace Transfer Transfer's lately?

I've had two jobs in a row come to me 1) peeled right away they even reduplicated at their shop and the 2) was a two color job. When you pulled the sheet off, the second color came up raged and the color below came through. They also reduplicated this as well.

Fine and dandy that they rerun the job, but I've already delayed the one customer by 2.5 weeks and now have egg on my face. The second was for me, so I've only have to answer to myself.

I never really got a straight answer why it happened nor do I really feel satisfied. It stinks because they've always been good. It's one thing if one job was bad, ok, but two back to back... Make's me nervous.

I also asked what I need to do in the future so I do not ruin any more garments, and I didn't receive any clear answer. I asked if I need to do one garment, wash, and check for each job in the future. Silence.

What have others, if any, experienced?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good Day, I am sorry that the questions you have, for the problems that you have encountered from Transfers made by Ace don't seem to be clear answers to your questions.
I invite you to call me directly, so I can help resolve any issues you are steel having, and for the future.

David Shaw, President
Ace Transfer Company, Inc.
800-525-3126 Ext. 18

I will get back to you as soon as possible

Thank you for your continued Business,
David

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am awaiting a large job from them now ... hope this is not going to be a problem with my order. In the past, I have used Transfer Express but after reading a thread here found out about ACE and they were cheaper. Really hope this is not goign to be a problem as I promised the garmets to the customer by mid week. If this goes bad, back to Transfer Express for me ...

Juice

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SignPluz,

Overall, Ace has been one of the best companies when it comes to transfers, and I do believe they will come through with your job.

Just make sure to test the garment prior to doing you whole run. Scratch the garment, wash, etc... Make sure you feel comfortable, questions, ask.

Who do you work with at Ace?

Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David,

Thank you for reaching out regarding my post. I am very interested hearing from you regarding my last two jobs.

Thanks,

Murph

·
Registered
26 Posts
Murph - I was helped by Kay ... who was very nice. My delivery should be here today and I plan on starting the job in the AM. Keeping my fingers crossed ....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Juice,

How did you make out?

I had received on Friday the redo's from Ace. Everything looked really good, scratch test, etc., that was until doing a load of wash last night. I actually drove to the shop to get the garments to do the final test.

Well, it didn't go to well. I sent pic's to Ace and have not heard back yet. I don't know what happened, very unusual.

Kay is my rep also, I thought I would of heard back from her today.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Murph

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
which kind of transfers are they?
Ace has always done great work, are you putting them on the right colored tee, or garment? the reason i asked is you said they were see thru.
How is your press, Check your heat sensor gun, almost sounds like a cold spot.
If you have checked all that, talk seriously to ace, they want to make it right,. Call them.
I have expeirenced these problems only with puff transfers or with a bad heating element. none of the puff were from ace.
Please let us know and post a pic for us to see.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
What happened in the wash, flake off?
I agree, it sounds like the ink isn't curing but you said they originally reproduced the problem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the transfer looks like it flaked off in the wash.

They did reduplicate the problem in their shop with the first go of transfers, their hot peel.

The last post I was referring to the cold peel/crystal back transfer they ran to replace the hot peel.

Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got mine this evening and I must say that the transfer looks more like a vinyl transfer than ink. The artwork looks like it has a texture to it. They look as if they would have no stetch. I do not like the looks of these at all. These are the Hot Peel. Will try one tomorrow and see what happens. Keep us posted and I will do the same.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Would be curious to know if this was some bad plastisol or a new process that didn't work out or something. Have never heard any negative about Ace and my one attempt with them I had a slight problem, but it got worked out very well.

I intend to use them more, but lately everything has been rush and the extra few days for shipping has required that I keep things closer to home for now.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
the transfer looks like it flaked off in the wash.

They did reduplicate the problem in their shop with the first go of transfers, their hot peel.

The last post I was referring to the cold peel/crystal back transfer they ran to replace the hot peel.

Sorry for any confusion.
Flaking is usually a sign that they plastisol hasn't cured. Did you stretch test the print? You should be able to stretch it significantly without it cracking. If it cracks, it isn't cured.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
here are some images... DSC01235.JPG This was from the hot peel run... notice the raged edges around the yellow...

DSC01254.JPG DSC01251.JPG These are from the cold peel run... This happened after one wash/dry cycle.

I'd like to know if they are trying something new as well... It's the only thing I could imagine.

Skidohair, I have contacted them, they have tried to fix, and I am still awaiting word back about the cold peel problem.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have had same thing happen with other transfers what was temp that you washed them at and when you dry them what was the setting on the dryer! It does make deference on cold peel they don't like to go in the dryer if there is lot heat.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Interesting that your hot peel is on a dark tee and the cold peel is on a lite tee. You would think it would be the other way around. Does the yellow printing on the hot peel look raggedy on the transfer before printing?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Yep doesnt look good, and if you checked your plate, on the press, as is good with that, the hot split transfer looked like t went into the fiber of the garment to much and looks fibery.

Please let us know what is decided in this.. Thanks,

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
here are some images...
Both colors look bad, definitely a printing problem. The yellow, I've been out of screenprinting too long but you should post those pictures to the screenprinting forum and see what they think.

Did you try stretching them to see if they cured? It could be an additive in the ink preventing proper curing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all.. i've been busy with several runs and signs.

1st, I have not heard back from Ace Transfer which I send email on monday with those pictures.

Temps wash and dry - Cold wash, med heat on dryer. I can't see a customer really paying attention to the dryer heat...

Dark T vs Light T - I was told it shouldn't really matter, same with poly/cotton. I am I wrong on this?

I tested on garments that I had laying around. This is for my business, and I haven't ordered blanks yet.

I couldn't imagine giving these out to friends, family, and more importantly clients to have them wash off.

Stretching did crack.

I will keep you imformed..

1 - 20 of 60 Posts