T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the testing exposure time stage. My screen was underexposed and I have been trying to wash it out. I thought I was finally successful but if I look very closely I can still see some of my design. Is it good to go? or do I need to still work on this further? only after close inspection do I vaguely see the design...

· Registered
184 Posts
Are you using a pressure washer or just a hose? If you are just using a hose, I suggest getting a cheap pressure washer, it really cuts the time down in reclaiming your screens. If you are only doing a few screens and are on a budget, take them to a local self carwash and spray them out there. The higher pressure really knocks a lot of the smaller stuff out of your screens. You may want to use a dehazer on your screens after you clean them too. That will really get your screens ready for your next coatings.

· Registered
184 Posts
Sometimes I'd have little specks of emulsion stck in the screens and usually around the end of the screen where the screen got a thicker layer of emulsion. I use the dehazer per instructions and spray it out again with the pressure washer and it would all come off. A lot of times after your first time printing with a new screen it will dye the mesh and leave a shadow of of the design in the screen but we never had any problems reusing them for other print jobs.

· Registered
969 Posts
I dont use dehazers till my screens really need them, the ghost image you see shouldnt be a problem...when your washing out, take your screen up to a good light source and check for small specks of emulsion..if you see some you'll have to rewash..and a little scrub with a soft bristled brush helps.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks,
I don't know what too much means but, I have been using bleach when I went through the degreaser. I've been working on this for a week.... I just got a cheap alternative to a power washer.. probably not as good as a real one. before that I have been using a shower massager.
if I do this outside, does it matter that the water gets very cold?

· Registered
1,318 Posts
are you having trouble exposing screens..? and your image not not showing up..? Because if that is the problem you are having, it sounds like you may be over exposing ..make sure when you go to wash out your screen after exposing that you stay away from the sun...The UV rays will expose your emulsion in seconds..and your image will not show up and the only thing to do is reclaim your screen...FYI when you are reclaiming your screens never let the emulsion remover dry on your screen..I have found that it sets up and you might as well kick a hole in it.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, I didn't expose them outside, just trying to reclaim them outside. it definitely was underexposed.
but thank you for that info,

I was thinking of exposing them outside and in another post asked about that. I guess if it's cloudy it would be a different time than if it is sunny?

in any case, I think the screens I was referring to are finally ok. I still have one that's not even close to good. the power wash helps... I guess I need to just get it rescreened???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.