T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
i had wanted 'no strings attached,' but i think it's taken. then, 'tee wrecks,' which is definitely taken in about every variation you can think of. anything that ends with '-ty' is often taken, like 'creativitees.'

when you come up with a name, google it and be sure no one else has it. technically, they *can* make you change your name, though i think there's a certain amount of distinctiveness that has to be there (i'd have to refresh my memory on that issue, it's been a couple of years since looking into it). it's a weird thing ~ once you find a name you like, you'll suddenly come up with half a dozen others, lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Think about what your trying to do, what you want the company to represent and be all about. You obviously want a name that relates and represents whatever your trying to do. Maybe lay ideas out and try and get a feel and name that says what it all is to you

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think it's something we all struggle with.

I'm a designer, and I wanted to start my own brand. The way I came up with a name was to just think about my design style, but also and more importantly , think about who you are first and what message you want to get across with your designs.

I haven't started my brand, but I finally have a name. And it took awhile to get there, so hopefully it will come to you.....like u said, just think about you and who you are, and your message.

Do you have designs yet?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I also agree with Ryan. Once you find a good name that you really like, they will start pouring in and then you'll have to choose which you think is best.

I operate my freelance design business under the name thirsty camel designs. Camel is a nick name that stuck since I was a kid. My uncle gave it to me cause I drank all the soda at his house. I thought it sounded catchy and it's also a bit silly which is My personality.

The name I have for a tshirt brand came to me in a eureka moment when I wasn't thinking about it. It was based off something someone said to me.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
as i sit at my desk, there's a police dispatcher badge in front of me that we need to affix to a plaque. thinking of a simple text shirt that says, 'keeping police dispatchers working since 1990.' or even dumber, 'support your local police dispatcher/commit a crime.' 'disNatchUall,' for some reason, pops into mind as a name as a result of all this, lol. not saying it's a good name, just wondering if you prefer a name with word combinations or plays on words, which are a lot harder, imo. or a name with a number/s in it. or a phrase?

proTAGony also springs to mind as a result of just the junk i have laying about. maybe that's a good name for a skate brand?

i think most of us try to come up with something clever if we can. a few have a more corporate-like or 'since i can't think up something better i'll just call it this and admit defeat' type of name. or something with no meaning whatsoever, like 'shank' or 'skimtail' or something. so, what brand names do you like and what kind of brand do you have?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.