T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some girls cheer shorts that need to have lettering put on the butt of them....I tried screen printing them.....but it was too difficult with the seam going down the middle of them....the ink always came out messed up. I am thinking of buying a heat press and just head pressing the lettering on them.

Should I buy vinyl lettering, and if so where is a good place to buy cheap vinyl lettering....its just 3 letters in white. I have 80 shorts to do. Do you think the heat press would do the job even though there is a seam there?

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Ayres Clothing said:
I have some girls cheer shorts that need to have lettering put on the butt of them....I tried screen printing them.....but it was too difficult with the seam going down the middle of them....the ink always came out messed up. I am thinking of buying a heat press and just head pressing the lettering on them.

Should I buy vinyl lettering, and if so where is a good place to buy cheap vinyl lettering....its just 3 letters in white. I have 80 shorts to do. Do you think the heat press would do the job even though there is a seam there?

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thanks
I there, I do not recommend Vinyl or Film for your job. The vinyl is too thin and the seam will come thru and be really noticeable. If that type of quality is ok with you and your customer then I guess its fine.

I would recommend using DecoFlock™, this is a thicker material that will hide the seam better. It comes in a bunch of fashion forward colors and you can get it made so that the entire transfers can be applied and no need to layout one letter at a time.

For a medium size DecoFlock™, transfer it will cost you about $ 1 each (80 pcs.), perhaps post a Free classified Service/Product request on the board, there are many members here that may be able to help you out with such too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts