SO I'm a bright eyed newbie here in screen-printing land and I've just had my first dose of reality by reading these forums... thanks a lot!
So far I've read almost all the threads that have popped onto the main pages for the last few weeks and now I'm over whelmed. SOP I figured I'd do what most newbie’s do, and ask a whole bunch of already answered questions, in an attempt to consolidate information into one thread, so as not to be as overwhelmed. ( can you ever just be whelmed?)
I'm going to make these questions narrow to my specific situation, but feel free to elaborate or go off subject. First, though, I'm going to give you some quick info on my situation.
I have purchased a beginners kit from rayonet, just the tabletop single color hobbyist kit. I am planning to print some real simple white on black T's, mostly text but some with pictures. I am currently only looking to print original designs, and I am using my printer for mostly, prototyping and test marketing. I am printing out of an apartment for now, and am looking into renting a house with a garage to do my printing in. I am using a heat gun for curing a plastisol ink.
Now onto the questions:
1) what is a good method for using a heat gun to cure/dry T's? Are there any better methods that cost less than 100$ for now?
2) What is the best white ink for simple white on black T shirts? Is plastisol better than water biased for what I am doing?
3) what is the best way to wash screens if you don't have a power washer? Is there a good way? Or should I bite the bullet and buy one?
4) Does using a dehumidifier really save a lot of time when drying emulsion onto screens?
5) Where can I buy Black T's for less than 2$ for under a hundred at a time? The cheapest I found was 2.50 up to XL for Gilidian 50/50.
6) Does anybody have a Screen Printing/Online Store business plan they are willing to share? please, pretty please
7) How long did it take you to recoup your startup costs?
8) Who are the most trusted suppliers and who should I stay away from?
9) How many shirts would an order have to be before you considered outsourcing it to someone with an auto printer?
10) Which brand or Black T do you use and why?
Thanks a lot to anybody that replies!