T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Anybody know of an eco-friendly (not vinyl) transparent repositionable material for wall decals? I would really appreciate any advice. I'm not loving what I've seen so far.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you found anything so far? I'm after some transparent vinyl, I don't mind if it's not re positionable, i just want to play with light colours and overlapping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The transparent vinyls we tested for walls didn't stay up well. It's too bad, a mix of transparent and opaque would have been nice. Roommates is the only finished wall product I've seen on transparent, but their colors are opaque and don't work for layering either. We looked into having a material made but the companies we looked at didn't have a nice clear adhesive to pair with the transparent, it was too foggy.

There are an array of clear window clings that might do the trick if you want to make the move to windows. For our wall decal company we found a repositionable opaque material that we're really happy with, so I suppose it all worked out for the best. Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Roommates is the name of a finished product. I haven't seen the transparent ones by Blik. The fastest way to figure it out would probably be to purchase it from Blik. Then if it meets your criteria either either ask Blik to make it for you, or take it to a supply rep (Fellers, ect) and ask them to help figure out what the material is. Depending on the process and whether or not you already have a printer, you might also ask Blik if they'll manufacture it for you.

Buying transparent finished products saved us research time because often it wasn't exactly what we were after. That said - the new Blik material looks perfect. They are getting so innovative lately, I'm jealous! Good luck! I'd love to hear what comes of this for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts