T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All :)

Just curious if anyone has any guidelines for placing your transparency on the screen before exposing it. For example, Left chest print - how many inches down and over on screen? And same for most popular print areas.

Thanks!:D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have a sheet of 13x18 film printed with horizontal and vertical lines. This is attached to an angle piece so that the sheet lines up on the screen the same every time. I have th 4" and 5" lines marked. Also 4" from center for heart prints. I line up the fronts on 4" and the backs on 5". I seldom, almost never, have to make any press adjustments for the prints to fit properly. God Bless.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I am not a photographer, but maybe this will give you an idea. I am also not a carpenter but the metal in the angled sheet metal sometimes used on the corners of counters or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
We have a variety of screen and platen sizes, as well as types/sizes of shirts, so I just take a shirt, load it onto a platen, then put in a blank screen that is the same size, then put my film ontop of the shirt where I want it to print, then bring the screen down onto it to give me a general placement for my film on the screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts