T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems to be the place to ask this, even though I don't do screen printing. I print transparencies for photo resist etching and I've been using an Epson 1430. Because I do small pieces I don't need the size abilities of the 1430. I was thinking about converting it to a dye sub so I could dabble in that, but I still need something for the transparencies. Today I picked up an Artisan 837 for $20. It uses the same Claria inks as the 1430, but is an all in one letter\legal size printer. Only problem is it doesn't want to print on transparencies. I can get around that by taping a piece of paper to the back, which is a pain but I don't have to do it frequently, so it's not a deal breaker. There was a thread here where someone said he bypasses the sensors on his printers to use them for transparencies. Unfortunately he hasn't been active on the forum since 2014, so I can't ask him. I've done quite a bit of searching but can't find any reference to this and wondered if anyone here might have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Anthony

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Experimenting a bit tonight, I found that I don't need to tape the paper to the back of the transparency- I ran a strip of painter's tape along the long edges and it worked brilliantly. Next test will be to see which side actually requires the tape- I'm sure there's just one sensor. Then I guess I'll see if I can find and block the sensor. Unless someone has a specific idea of how to do it.

Thanks,
Anthony

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.