T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I work for a screen printing company, and they have an issue with transparency alignment. For more than two colors, the HP Laserjet 3050 prints out the negatives, but the art doesn't always match up perfectly. Time is then taken to modify the negative with a black felt marker.

I don't see anyone else having a problem with this so I'm assuming the translucent paper they're using is incompatible with the laserjet printer. Any thoughts? Or any further information needed to give insights on solving this problem? Thanks

Kev

·
Registered
118 Posts
Seems like it read somewhere that the laserjet can cause the transparancies to not line up because the laserjet produces heat when it prints and this can cause the image to change size just a little. I use an inkjet which doesn't produce heat in printing and I've never had this problem. I'm still new at this so maybe someone with more experience will jump in.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
for the first several years i used an hp laserjet 4mv to output films. i had allot of issues with films lining up because the vellum would shrink with too much heat. We ended up switching vellum suppliers and were able to get a vellum that barely shrank with the heat from the fuser.

I'm guessing it's the vellum you're using, see if you can get a better quality vellum. i don't recall a brand name but thee newer vellum has a more plastic feel, while the old ones i used felt like ruff paper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.