T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
I use Ironall Dark and that is 375* for 6 seconds. If you press too long, the transfer becomes see through.

A great tip, if you mess up a dark transfer, place a plain white piece of paper on the transfer, and heat it up, the paper peels the transfer off the shirt. Nifty trick I just learned, that I thought I'd share with ya! Good luck to you. (PS: If you haven't picked up these tips yet, don't forget to pre-press, press, peel, stretch and re-press with teflon or parchment.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use Ironall Dark and that is 375* for 6 seconds. If you press too long, the transfer becomes see through.

A great tip, if you mess up a dark transfer, place a plain white piece of paper on the transfer, and heat it up, the paper peels the transfer off the shirt. Nifty trick I just learned, that I thought I'd share with ya! Good luck to you. (PS: If you haven't picked up these tips yet, don't forget to pre-press, press, peel, stretch and re-press with teflon or parchment.)
I'm sorry,I meant to ask earlier, what is Ironall Dark ? We are using ink jet transfer paper.

·
Registered
205 Posts

That may be the best tip I've come across! Since I screw up a dark transfer rarely (LOL) I'll give that a try. THANKS!

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Is this a preventive measure for future cracking?

Yes, when you give the shirt a gentle stretch and open the weave while the transfer is still hot, and then re-press it again, it seems to set the transfer in really nicely to the fabric. For light papers especially, it seems to prevent cracking issues. But I do this for darks and lights and have had no cracking issues.

I've washed one particular test shirt 12 times in warm water, using bleach half the time, and dried on a high heat dryer, sounds like the kiss of death, right? No problems at all. I have the shirt posted on the forum in a thread. I really believe in the stretch and re-press. :) Good luck to you. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.