T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a cheapy press, the Sunie brand. I am just starting out in this business. manly Im just doing it for family and friends. The thing is, I'm having trouble with the heat transfers not sticking to the shirts. I have fallowed what they specify in their directions but its not working. At first I thought that it wasn't hot enough, so I turned up the heat. Same result!:mad: I did pre press the shirts two times to get the moisture out. So then I tried the pressure both ways. Less pressure one time and more pressure the next. Nothing! Its not sticking at all. What the heck am I doing wrong?

I got the transfers from Boo-Z. It was the 100 pack discounted transfers for $30.00. I wanted some transfers that I can practice with. So I'm now wondering if these transfers are junk? Any info would be great.

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
please keep us posted after checking the temp. I always tell people not to but the less expensive heat press,but this brand I have heard great things about this press. I wish you great luck, I had the same ideas as Rickhad on reasons why it's not working. .... JB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so I was thinking that the degrees were in Celsius. Which it does have on the machine but the light was on the fahrenheit . So I think I got the temp right because now it sticks. But I think I have a pressure issue now. Does anyone know how to messure the pressure on this Sunie machine. I had it cranked all the way down but figured that it was too much pressure. I cranked it down to where I thought that there would be enough pressure.
Im so lost right now.....:confused:

Thanks,for the replies
A NEWBE

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
put a t-shirt and teflon sheet over the t-shirt lock it down, try to pull it out, when you cant pull it out, it is tight,, it should be kinda hard to close.
and slightly hard to open. if you can pull the shirt out,, you need to tighten the pressure.
I adjust for hoodies, and tees.
I also use a sunie, and love it, i run it at 385.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts