T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Transfer Express make sublimation transfers? Is there a West coast company that makes sublimation transfers in smaller quantities? All I can find are large companies that make the transfer sheets 60" wide and they want high quantities for their orders. Is there a small home based transfer supplier somewhere in the Northwest USA? Maybe someone who can print them on 8.5" X 11" or 11"X17" paper?

·
Administrator
14,642 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are a couple of sources I know:
S&K Printshop - Dye Sublimation and Direct to Garment Printing (member here)
Thanks so much. I'll give them a try. I like the idea of smaller sheets and no minimums. The place I was going to used 60" wide roll paper and wanted several feet as a minimum. I could get 120 transfers on a sheet if I was doing mugs, and the shipping was expensive. The places you sent use smaller paper that can be mailed for not much. I think they will be more affordable for what I am doing. Thanks for the hookup.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Seriously, for the price of an Epson desktop printer and suitable compatible sublimation inks, you'd be much better off producing your own.

• No postage costs.
  • No waiting for deliveries.
  • Consistent results.
  • Ability to use trial & error and seeing results straight away.
  • Ability to change inks, papers and ICC profiles to achieve the best results on different substrates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like an ET4750? Do you mean that I can fill a desktop printer like this with sublimation ink and sublimation paper, reverse the image and print my own transfers?

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Like an ET4750? Do you mean that I can fill a desktop printer like this with sublimation ink and sublimation paper, reverse the image and print my own transfers?
If you only need letter sized to legal sized prints, then the ET-2720 is only $199. You can get sublimation ink for it from Cobra, Comos, InkOwl etc. I have one of these I use for printing cards, works fine. Note it doesn't have a "proper" input paper tray, just a vertical "bin" in the back. Pay a bit more for one of the other ET-2XXX models if you want different paper handling. For my use at least, I don't see a need.

Else the F170 that splathead mentioned is a purpose-made small format sublimation printer from Epson. In theory one might more easily obtain optimum color balance with the this over a converted printer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts