T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A customer wants some names and numbers put on the back of some athletic jerseys with buttons on the front. Any ideads how to put transfers on the back and not be bothered by the buttons. Thank you

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I use the Teepadit from www.heatpressessentials.com to stop the buttons from interferring with pressing vinyl on the back of button up shirts. I also have used teflon pillows and mouse pads to keep the buttons from causing a issue. ..... JB

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what I did was cut a notch in my bottom pad, kept the part I cut out and let the buttons fall in notch. I put the pad over the buttons and it worked ok. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Place a piece of 1/4" hardboard (HDF) inside the shirt. Press the board a few times just like you would your bottom platen to get the temperature up. The board might bow a tiny bit after the first few presses until the moisture gets worked out but it won't affect your transfer, it will straighten back out. This also works very well when you are pressing both sides of the shirt.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I use the Teepadit from www.heatpressessentials.com to stop the buttons from interferring with pressing vinyl on the back of button up shirts. I also have used teflon pillows and mouse pads to keep the buttons from causing a issue. ..... JB
Hi JB - just wondering why you went with the t pad it as opposed to ordinary teflon pillows? Is it just 'cause of the lower price? more sizes? They look the same.

Thankx

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Hi JB - just wondering why you went with the t pad it as opposed to ordinary teflon pillows? Is it just 'cause of the lower price? more sizes? They look the same.

Thankx
I have some teflon pillows, but the teepadit offered a wider variety of sizes. This allowed me to fit them in more places and they are more plyable than the pillows.The price was not a concern, but i feel the usefulness of the teepadit make them a exceptional value. .... JB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts