T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I screwed up 3 white shirts and I'm trying to figure out how to fix. They are for my favorite charity and the volunteers provided their own shirts (hard lesson learned).

I pressed the designs using Alpha Double Green per directions, and the edges came up when I tried to peel them.

Now I'm wondering, can I press over the designs with Alpha Gold for Darks? I have removed as much loose material as possible and washed in hot water to remove any remaining loose flakes. And by the way, the shirts only need to last for a few events.

Thanks for your help.

Paintergirl

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an FYI

Hi All,

I posted a few days ago about some white shirts I screwed up and wanted to update everyone on the fiasco!

I had some Alpha Double Green for Whites that did not stick around the edges, and wanted to know if I could transfer over it with Alpha Gold Dark for Dark shirts. I tried it and discovered a few things.

First, it can be done, but the original transfer leaves a ghost image that shows up. To correct this, I tried bleaching the original transfer (done with standard Brother printer ink). IT WOULDN'T FADE AT ALL!

This lead to the second discovery. I pressed a piece of unprinted Alpha Dark over the original on the next shirt, then pressed a printed one over that. It all stuck without a problem, but did lightly scorch one shirt (dealt with that with vinegar). What a load off my mind!!!

Let me stress that I wouldn't sell a shirt made like that, but for this particular application, it will be OK (they're for a charity event, just a few wearings).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts