T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I've been screen printing and heat pressing with cut vinyl for years, however, I believe there is another process and I would like some advice.

Is there a way to print to a transfer paper and then heat press the design (not the vinyl - just the ink) on to a shirt? If so, what kind of ink and paper do I need to do this? Thanks in advance!

· Registered
177 Posts
You want to look into "plastisol", screen printing on transfer paper.

· Registered
177 Posts
I suggested plastisol because the OP wants to transfer only the ink, which plastisol does. Inkjet transfer paper also transfers a slab, albeit a thin one, of plastic.

She also has the requisite equipment and experience for screen printing, and a heat press, so plastisol should be right up her alley.

If she want's the ability to print only a few copies of an image, without the mess and bother of screen printing, inkjet would absolutely be the way to go about it. A $150 Epson WorkForce WF-7210 printer, Cobra pigment inks and refillable cartridges. It would probably be a worthwhile addition to her arsenal, anyway.

· Registered
1,568 Posts
There's also sublimation, which produces the best 'hand' or feel of all the methods but is limited to printing on 100% white, or light coloured, polyester garments, 0r a poly-cotton mix for more faded, retro-type, garments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.