T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

just wondering if anyone has ever sublimated onto dog bowls (to give them a designer look)? I would guess that this could be done using the sublimation ink & a plate press but how could I transfer images to the outside of the bowl?
:confused:

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I would think you wold need to buy the poly coated bowl.I would also think you would have to use some type of wrap in order to do the sides of the bowl. I have seen these items and know they exist, Good luck. .... JB

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I like wraps for sublimation. this allows you to do more at a one time. I have done 24 mugs at one time, this makes production work much easier. .... JB

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I use my kitchen oven and when I went to shows,I used a $40 dollar toaster oven. They will work,but your home oven is much quicker(heat up). I put them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and their done. ... JB

·
Registered
320 Posts
Would my regular kitchen oven be sufficient for using the wraps or would I have to purchase a special one?

Funny you ask about the bowls, my bowls and wrap arrived todday from CONDE, I am so excited to make them for my pup!

As for using your oven, it would work fine, but I am always a little concerned about mixing chemicals/gas, whatever with food that humans/animals eat. There are convection ovens everywhere now for practically nothing ($40) and convection ovens distribute the heat better. I also was told that sublimating over time in an oven does stain it green or blue. So that is something, I personally wouldn't want my foods to be around. But it can be done to answer your question.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[am always a little concerned about mixing chemicals/gas, whatever with food that humans/animals eat.]

Thanks for that point (really good point), that is something that I probably wouldn't have thought about. I will definitely look into
one of the convection ovens being that they are cheap.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the wonderful information!! :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks for that point (really good point), that is something that I probably wouldn't have thought about. I will definitely look into
one of the convection ovens being that they are cheap.
We got ours on clearance from Macys (it was $300 marked down to $120) but it's a big fancy one. But I was told they also have them at Costco and Walmart for around $40. So I'd try there. Good luck!! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Sandy
You use the dye sub ink and wraps for different items if you don't want to use a mug press, the wraps are good for bowls, candy jars and other stuff. I have never tried the wraps myself but am thinking of doing it for candy dishes.
Check out conde

·
Registered
23 Posts
Funny you ask about the bowls, my bowls and wrap arrived todday from CONDE, I am so excited to make them for my pup!

As for using your oven, it would work fine, but I am always a little concerned about mixing chemicals/gas, whatever with food that humans/animals eat. There are convection ovens everywhere now for practically nothing ($40) and convection ovens distribute the heat better. I also was told that sublimating over time in an oven does stain it green or blue. So that is something, I personally wouldn't want my foods to be around. But it can be done to answer your question.
Good to hear the sublimation is working out for you. Let me know how the wraps work out, I am thinking of getting some. Sorry keep forgetting to try the soapstone coasters on the anajet. Will try to remember tomorrow. I actually did remember today but I had already shut off the computer and packed everything in the car to leave. Good luck on the bowls.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
ok, so what do i put the dye sub ink on?, and then wrap.. and apply heat,,
oh yes i could see it for jars for my Homemade body scrubs and salts and lotions,, i really need more info on this,,

1 - 20 of 35 Posts