T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm new to the t-shirt industry and i getting desperate. I bought a sublimation paper and i printed a image to it and the i press to a 50/50 t-shirt and you know what, the image still on the paper and didn't transfer to the t-shirt. Can anybody tell me what i'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
The ink must be heated to 400 degrees to allow it to turn into a gas to permeate the polyester part of the garment. I caution using 50/50 shirts will not give the ultimate effect. ... JB

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If nothing transferred it may be your press temperature. What kind of paper and press are you using. What temp?

The temperature was at 204 c that is equal to 400 F. And the paper is Sublimation Paper31 lb. paper
Premium Grade 8.5" x 11" Ideal for all smaller blankssublimation blanks. that i bought from shopdyesub.com. I'm thinking that i could have a wrong paper. There is any sublimation paper that is not necesary for transfer. Can you verify this website and let me know if i got the wrong paper. thanks

·
Registered
746 Posts
this may be a silly question, but.......what inks did you use?? dye sub ink will only bond to 100% polyester fibers - you may see a bit of the image on the cotton fibers when first pressed, but it will wash out with the first laundry cycle :( you're effectively pouring half your ink down the drain...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm using a dye sub ink. Well i thinking to buy a another printer with a pigment ink. What do you think?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
The other thing could be you printed on the wrong side of the paper. Only one side of most paper will release the ink. Most dye sub paper has a bright white side and a dull side. Print on the bright side.

Like everyone else mentioned above, make sure you are using dye sub ink and paper by calling your distributor to confirm. The time, temperature and heat press settings are key as well. Good luck.

Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm printing in the bright side. I don't know it could be the shirt. Its 50/50. What do you think about transfer to a t-shirt with a pigment ink and regular heat transfer paper?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts