T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy.
I've been having an issue lately with my transfer tape not wanting to stick to my vinyl. I use RTape AT60 and Oracal 651. I've had a few customers complain that it's very difficult to get the vinyl to lift off the backing and I've noticed it on my personal decals as well, even with some hard squeegeeing. I don't think it's a vinyl issue, as I have no problem manually pulling the vinyl off the backing.

My tape is probably a year and a half old, I'm wondering if it's just too old or if I should get a higher tack? Different brand?

· Registered
1,435 Posts
AT60 is a low tack, if I'm remembering correctly and is a slightly yellow clear tape without the texture bumps of the ClearConform series. My suggestion is squeegee the hell out of it and try to peal the backing paper from the tape instead of vice versa. I think they make a clear product in this same line with a higher tack (at65 or at70 or something).

· Registered
92 Posts
I'm having this same problem and looking for a solution, and my roll of AT60 is fairly new. I had a roll of application tape that was a masking tape sort of thing, but I didn't like it because I couldn't see the decal well enough.

· Registered
125 Posts
I purchased AT60 and it wont work, especially for matte finish. I always always always use at75. Some may disagree, but it's what works for me to crank out thousands of decals per week. Now that being said, most places that have RT75 clear, they have something new where they have taken away the almost 100% clear into some textured new look. I am not a fan of how they look now, but work perfectly for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.