T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting all.

I am using r-tape (mid tact) for my oralcal 631 vinyl cut stickers measuring 10 x 6 inches (standard cut) that comes with some fine strokes. The problem I am facing now is that the transfer tape fail to lift up the cut design from the vinyl, the cut design stayed on the vinyl backing paper. I tried another brand of mid-tact clear transfer tape but the outcome stayed the same! I need help - which part I did wrong/how can I solve this problem? thanks a lot for any advice.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Did you squeegee the R-tape good? With fine detail, you have to make sure you do that after you lay the tape down and also when you position the sticker on the substrate.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Make sure you squeege the decal very well and if that doesnt work you need a higher tack transfer tape. I had the same issue with a transfer tape, it had to squeege and lift the decal a bit, then a part didnt come up with the tape, i would lye it down again and squeege again. this is long and a time waster. So I then tried a different brand and it was higher tack and I squeeged once and it lifted no problem.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Greeting all.

I am using r-tape (mid tact) for my oralcal 631 vinyl cut stickers measuring 10 x 6 inches (standard cut) that comes with some fine strokes. The problem I am facing now is that the transfer tape fail to lift up the cut design from the vinyl, the cut design stayed on the vinyl backing paper. I tried another brand of mid-tact clear transfer tape but the outcome stayed the same! I need help - which part I did wrong/how can I solve this problem? thanks a lot for any advice.
I've tried RTape ClearChoice AT-60 Application Tape (medium) and ClearChoice AT-75 Application Tape (high) with Oracal 631 on graphics averaging 3" x 5" in size.

Both of these tapes worked well with 631.

Since you've tried medium tack, try the AT-75 high tack. Another tip is to lift the Oracal backing instead of lifting the tape with your design.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, my printer person and I are new at this and I used Oracal 631 with recommended HT55. Some of the letter stuck to the release tape and some did not. I emailed Oracal and they said the the cutting might be too deep, so now we have to do more testing. I also read about (I think it's new) Preview Plus (clear app tape) that works well with Oracal 631. Signwarehouse carries it and wrote about it in a blog. You can Google GXF101. Anyone try it with the 631 yet?

·
Registered
159 Posts
If the vinyl is cut too deep, you will most definitely have this problem. Pull up a piece of you cut letter (or design) and see if the wax paper is cut through a little. You should barely be able to see the cut marks on the paper. If there are deep cuts in the paper, that is your problem. If not, you may just want to use a higher tack tape.

Sometimes it's better to put your decal face down and peel the back paper off rather than having it face up and peel the tape/vinyl up. Try that as well. R-Tape is a really good tape, so you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Chad! Will try that. I'm going to try some new tape called Preview Plus by Maintape. From what I read it works well with the Oracal 631 and it's clear. Hopefully that will work. I'm getting my own cutter (this week in fact) so I'll test it out and get back on my progress.
Thanks Sandy

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have found that you should place the graphic face down and lift the backing paper off of the graphic. This usually works great for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts