T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi to all, Im new to this site and based in Brisbane, Australia.
I have a few question and it seems like this would be the place to ask them.

I have recently bought a heat press, epson R350 printer and bought a set of sublimation inks to go with my printer, only after this did i realise that i cannot print on black.

From what i have been reading, I need to get myself some pigment inks and transfer paper. I will be selling the shirts online and want something that looks professional. Most of my current designs are easy shapes to cut out.

Does anyone have experience with "Ultra G Chrome Max" pigment inks?

Is my best option to use opaque paper for my designs and just cut around?

I know these questions have probably all been answered before but there is a lot of contradicting information.

I have never made a shirt before so please make this a simple to understand as possible.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I have a CX7800 and it uses Durabrite Ultra pigment ink. I believe your 350 comes with Dye ink. You are pretty much going to have to stay with an Opaque transfer on dark colors. Because you are using a dye ink on opaque then you are ok however on light the dye ink will. !. fade 2. Could bleed on shirt. 3. Is not water resistant. Any of the ultra inks are ok to use as they are pigment inks. You may want to invest in a bulk ink system for your unit that is pigment ink or get an C88 epson that comes with the Durabrite Inks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I don't have any answers about your ink but I wanted to share some suggestions for using opaque transfer.

It's hard when you cut it out by hand to keep edges completely straight so I wanted to suggest a new idea that may make cutting out your design easier, faster and make it look more professional.

There's a new cutter called "CraftRobo" that can cut out the design for you. Then you are assured straight edges all the time.

I don't own one but I have seen a lot of info about it and have been considering it for some other work I do.

Here's a video showing how it works.

http://168.144.138.219/craftrobo/CraftRoboLabelWeb01.wmv

While you can use it without a special t-shirt software you can find it bundled with a software called magicut. More info about it can be found here;

http://www.craftrobostore.com/mm5/m...&Product_Code=CC100-20-MCL&Category_Code=CTPL

·
Registered
37 Posts
I Love Love Love the transfer paper my shirts have never looked better, I also switched from a laser printer to an inkjet printer with pigment inks and the hand and wash with these transfers are excellent

Deb

·
Registered
181 Posts
what printer did you go with? One of the epsons?

I can get two of them at a big discount. Any certain one you recommend?

I have a cannon 6000 right now and it prints great pictures and is fast at printing text, but doesn't make the best transfers.

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes I went with the epson cx4200 all in one it's a good printer but if I could find a wider format printer that takes durabrite ink (pigment ink) them I would also get one for bigger transfers. I think any epson with durabrite ink would be good for you

peace

Deb

·
Registered
16 Posts
wow, the cutter is realy great! but U$ 400.- :s
i´m just starting and already invested all i got buying the press and printer.

does it work on thinner, transfer papers, too? in the video, it seems to cut some kind of vynnil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it does cut thinner transfer paper(doble green line transfer),but you will have to use a carrier sheet,which comes along with the craft robo, I own one of theses machines and I can tell that works great.
Sorry by my english you all(I live in mexico)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts