T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hi Karen,

iProof licenses the product to the orginal purchaser. If the machine is resold the new user would need to purchase a new license. As with the warranty and support on your machine, if the business is sold to the new purchaser then the license would transfer as well.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Print Pro is a dongle protected software, if you have the dongle, you have the software. We have not sold any significant number of Print Pro pacjkages over the last 4 years so I am not familiar with Kothari's policy on this. I do know that if you lose your dongle you have lost your software.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, so i apologize for opening a very smelly can of worms p u!
back to the subject i originally inquired about
DON - can i go to iProof and purchase another rip pro software? is there other rip software out there that someone who purchases my equipment can purchase that can be used in conjunction with imaging software? is there something comparable to rip pro that can be purchased that will do the same thing? i have been to the iproof website and others and just get very confused and perplexed. i need to be able to assure whoever purchases my dtg they can get software. just point me in the correction direction. i can do the research from there! thanks for the help, Don. i appreciate it very much.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hi Karen,

RIP Pro is a licensed product for the DTG brand, we sell it at SWF East, you or the person you sell the printer to can buy it from us. iProof does make a generic package called PowerRIP GP that is sold by a couple of independant companies that has many of the same features of RIP Pro, but is supported by the independant dealers - not the normal channel. I think Mark B sells it.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Thanks for the mention Don.

Karen,

The generic version of the dtg RIP is called MultiRIP GP (MultiRIP GP Direct-to-Garment Printing Software for dtg Printers - Epson Digital Printers) - which is typically sold to people that don't have a RIP software that they can get. You can find all the information on how to use the product there. Please note that it will work with the Kiosks, but I believe there is some unique software code needed for the Viper and Kiosk 3 printers. In the end, there is probably not much difference between the cost of MultiRIP GP and the cost of RIP Pro. It just might be in the best interest of the company buying the printer to buy it from the manufacturer as it is one less vendor to deal with. But ultimately it is up to the customer to make that determination.

Best wishes with the sale of your printer!

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts