T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently using Transjet II paper, pressing for 8 seconds at 350degrees. The image goes on perfect and it doesn't wash out. The problem I have is the wax border. Is there any paper that leaves almost no boarder at all? Is Transjet II paper good or should I upgrade to something better?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
TJII (or Magic Jet) is really the best paper out there. Are you cutting the transfer up to the design ( about 1/8th of an inch from it)? What color shirt are you transfering to? (You can only do the really light colors well; white, ash, and natural is all I'm using, and some people have had luck with a few others like light green.)

Also, TJII generally recommends about 15 seconds at 375 degrees...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Cut the paper as close to the image as you can. Then press it for 15-20 seconds at 375 . The length you press for depends on humidity and temperature of your location, but it should be between 15 and 20 seconds. Make sure the press is set to medium heavy pressure. If everything is set correctly, and you are pressing onto white or very light color shirts, you should not see a window with transjet II paper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts